SBI PO Prelims and Mains Exam Free Model Papers with Solutions
- 1st Stage: SBI PO Preliminary Exam
- 2nd Stage: SBI PO Main Exam
- 3rd Stage: Group Exercises and Interview
SBI PO Exam Pattern For Preliminary Exam
The SBI PO Preliminary exam is an objective type test and is conducted for a one-hour duration. The exam has 3 sections having a total of 100 questions with a maximum score of 100 marks. For each wrong answer, there is a negative marking of 0.25. In order to qualify for the SBI PO Mains, it is required of the aspirants to clear the sectional as well as the overall cut off marks for Prelims.
The SBI PO exam pattern for Prelims is as below
|Time Duration||1 hour where the three sections are separately timed 20 mins each|
SBI PO Exam Pattern For Main Exam
SBI PO Mains has two sections- Objective and Descriptive. Objective section is of 200 marks and Descriptive section carries 50 marks. Both of these tests are taken online. A descriptive test will take place right after the completion of the objective test on the same day.
The SBI PO Mains objective test is of 3 hours duration and consist of 4 sections carrying a total of 200 marks. The objective test has separate timings for every section.
The SBI PO Main exam pattern
|Reasoning and Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 mins|
|Data Analysis and Interpretation||35||60||45 mins|
|Banking/General/Economy Awareness||40||40||35 mins|
|English Language||35||40||40 mins|
|Total||155 Ques||200 marks||180 mins|
SBI PO descriptive test carries 50 marks with a time duration of 30 minutes. This section tests your English writing skills as it contains two sections: Letter Writing and Essay
SBI PO Exam Pattern For Group Exercises and Interview
Selection for the Group Exercises and Interview will be based on a category wise merit list. Th category wise merit list will be drawn on the basis of the aggregate marks scored in the Main Examination. There will be no sectional cut-off. Candidates numbering up to 3 times (approx.) of the category wise vacancies will be shortlisted for the Group Exercise and Interview from the top of the category wise merit list subject to a candidate scoring the minimum aggregate qualifying score.
20 marks will be given for Group Exercises and 30 marks for the Interview. Candidates qualifying for Group Exercises and Interview under ‘OBC’ category would be required to submit OBC certificate containing the ‘Non-Creamy layer’ clause.
Graduation in any discipline from a recognised University or any equivalent qualification recognised as such by the Central Government. Those who are in the Final Year/ Semester of their Graduation may also apply provisionally subject to the condition that, if called for Interview, they will have to produce proof of having passed the graduation examination on or before 31.08.2019. Candidates having Integrated Dual Degree (IDD) certificate should ensure that the date of passing the IDD is on or before 31.08.2019. Candidates possessing qualification of Chartered Accountant may also apply.
Applicants should not be below 21 years and not above 30 years as on 01.04.2019 for 2019 admission, i.e., candidates must have been born not later than 01.04.1998 and not earlier than 02.04.1989 (both days inclusive).
The age relaxation for different categories are as follows:
- SC/ST 5 years
- OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) 3 years
- Persons with Disabilities (PWD) – SC/ST 15 years
- Persons with Disabilities (PWD) – OBC 13 years
- Persons with Disabilities (PWD) – GEN/EWS 10 years
- Ex Servicemen, Commissioned officers including Emergency Commissioned Officers (ECOs)/ Short Service Commissioned Officers (SSCOs) who have rendered 5 years military service and have been released on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within 6 months from the last date of receipt of application) otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency or physical disability attributable to military service or invalidment. 5 years
- Persons Ordinarily domiciled of the state of Jammu & Kashmir during the period 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989 5 years
Language Proficiency The candidate should be proficient in reading, writing or speaking the official language of his State/UT
Candidates applying for SBI PO 2019 Exam should be one of the following:
- Citizen of India
- A subject of Nepal or Bhutan
- Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Burma, Vietnam or from East India countries of Kenya, Tanzania, Zaire, Uganda, Ethiopia, Zambia, Malawi with the intention of settling permanently in India.
- Tibetan Refugee who came to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanent settlement.
– Candidates belonging to categories ii, iii or iv must possess a certificate of eligibility issued by the Govt of India in their favour.
SBI PO Preliminary Exam Syllabus:
The preliminary examination of SBI PO exam 2019 will comprise of Reasoning Ability, Quantitative Aptitude and English Language. Here is the detailed syllabus:
|Reasoning||Quantitative Aptitude||English Language|
|Logical Reasoning||Simplification||Reading Comprehension|
|Alphanumeric Series||Profit & Loss||Cloze Test|
|Ranking/Direction/Alphabet Test||Mixtures & Allegations||Para jumbles|
|Data Sufficiency||Simple Interest & Compound Interest & Surds & Indices||Miscellaneous|
|Coded Inequalities||Work & Time||Fill in the blanks|
|Seating Arrangement||Time & Distance||Multiple Meaning /Error Spotting|
|Puzzle||Mensuration – Cylinder, Cone, Sphere||Paragraph Completion|
|Syllogism||Ratio & Proportion, Percentage|
|Blood Relations||Number Systems|
|Input Output||Sequence & Series|
|Coding Decoding||Permutation, Combination & Probability|
SBI PO Mains syllabus:
|Data Analysis & Interpretation||Reasoning||English Language||General/Economy/ Banking Awareness||Computer Aptitude|
|Tabular Graph||Verbal Reasoning||Reading Comprehension||Financial Awareness||Internet|
|Line Graph||Syllogism||Grammar||Current Affairs||Memory|
|Pie Chart||Circular Seating Arrangement||Vocabulary||General Knowledge||Keyboard Shortcuts|
|Bar Graph||Linear Seating Arrangement||Verbal Ability||Static Awareness||Computer Abbreviation|
|Radar Graph Caselet||Double Lineup||Word Association||Banking and Financial Awareness||Microsoft Office|
|Missing Case DI||Scheduling||Sentence Improvement||Computer Hardware|
|Let it Case DI||Input Output||Para Jumbles||Computer Software|
|Data Sufficiency||Blood Relations||Cloze Test||Computer Fundamentals /Terminologies|
|Probability||Directions and Distances||Error Spotting||Networking|
|Permutation and Combination||Ordering and Ranking||Fill in the blanks||Number System|
|Data Sufficiency||Operating System|
|Coding and Decoding||Basic of Logic Gates|
|Course of Action|
|Analytical and Decision Making|