SSC Stenographer Grade C and D previous year question papers
SSC Stenographer Grade C and D 2011 Papers
SSC Stenographer Grade C and D 2012 Papers
SSC Stenographer Grade C and D 2013 Papers
SSC Stenographer Grade C and D 2014 Papers
SSC Stenographer Grade C and D 2016 Papers
SSC Stenographer Grade C and D 2017 Papers
SSC Stenographer Grade C and D 2019 Papers
The full form of ‘SSC’ is Staff Selection Commission. Staff Selection Commission or SSC conducts the SSC Stenographer Exam every year. The exam takes place in 2 Tiers. Once you qualify the exam, you are hired under Grade ‘C’ or Grade ‘D’ posts. This year, the vacancies have not been disclosed yet.
Staff Selection Commission recruits Stenographers in various offices under Government of India. Furthermore, these posts are two Grades – C and D. Even if the salary of SSC Stenographers varies according to the grade, they have a good salary structure. Due to being a government job, SSC Stenographers have a stable pay with a possibility of increase.
The SSC or the Staff Selection Commission conducts many exams every year. Some of the most sought-after SSC recruitment exams are SSC CGL recruitment, SSC CHSL recruitment, SSC MTS exam, SSC Junior Engineer exam, SSC Stenographer Exam, SSC Translator and many more. Find out more about SSC CGL recruitment drives and various SSC exams.
SSC Stenographer Exam Pattern & Selection Process
There will be 2 stages of the exam in SSC stenographer – Computer Based Test (CBT) and Skill Test. There will be no interview.
- The CBT will consist of MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions) & take place in online mode.
- The Questions will be bilingual (i.e. English and Hindi) except for the English Language Subject.
- Given below is the Exam Pattern for SSC Stenographer Group C and D Exam.
|Subject||No of Questions||Max Marks|
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||50||50|
|English Language & Comprehension||100||100|
- Negative marks – 0.25 marks.
- On clearing the SSC Stenographer Written Test, you will be called for a Skill Test.
Let us now see SSC Stenographer Exam Pattern for Skill Test.
- Your SSC Stenographer Skill Test requires you to go through following tests:
- You will be given a dictation for 10 minutes in English / Hindi.
- The speed will be 100 w.p.m for Grade C Stenographer and the speed for Grade D Stenographer will be 80 w.p.m.
- You will have to transcribe the dictation on a computer in a given amount of time.The transcription time will be:
- Grade C – 50 min (English), 65 min (Hindi)
- Grade D – 40 min (English), 55 min (Hindi)
There are overall 3 criteria of eligibility that you need to fulfill to apply for the SSC Stenographer exam. You need to qualify all these 3 criteria to prove your candidature for this exam. These 3 criteria are broadly classified into the following categories:
A. Age Limit
Min Age – 18 years
Max Age – 27 years
B. Educational Qualification
⇒ You must have passed the Class 12 from a recognised Board or University.
C. Age Relaxation
SC/ST – 5 years
OBC/ExSM – 3 years
PwD – 10 years
General Intelligence & Reasoning
- Coding Decoding
- Word Formation
- Arranging words in logical order & Dictionary Order
- Venn Diagram
- Direction & Distance
- Blood Relation
- Order & Ranking
- Number Series
- Verbal Reasoning
- Non-Verbal Reasoning
- Static Awareness
- Current Affairs
- Science & Technology
English Language & Comprehension
- Reading Comprehension
- synonyms & antonyms
- Fill in the Blanks
- Phrases & Idiom Meaning
- Active & Passive Voice
- Direct & Indirect Speech
- Para Jumble & Sentence Jumble
- Phrase Replacement/Sentence Correction
- Error Spotting