Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (UPPSC) Exam Previous Papers with solutions
The Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (UPPSC) (Hindi: लोक सेवा आयोग, उत्तर प्रदेश) is the state agency authorized to conduct the Civil Services Examination for entry-level appointments to the various Civil Services of Uttar Pradesh. The agency's charter is granted by the Constitution of India. Articles 315 to 323 of Part XIV of the constitution, titled Services Under the Union and the States, provide for a Public Service Commission for the Union and for each state.
The exam is conducted in three parts-
- Prelims Examination
- Mains Examination
Only those who clear the Prelims examination can appear for mains examination.
The prelims exam will have two papers and both are to be cleared for appearing in the mains examination.
The question paper is objective in nature.
Phase I: UPPSC Syllabus for Preliminary Exam
The preliminary examination of UPPSC will comprise of objective type questions. UPPSC Prelims Exam will be qualifying in nature. The applicants will be given multiple choices for each question. Total marks assigned for each paper is 200. The duration of the examination will be two hours i.e. 120 minutes for each paper.
UPPSC Prelims Examination is meant to serve as a screening test only and the marks obtained in the Preliminary Examination by the Candidates, who are declared qualified for admission to the Main Examination, will not be counted for determining their final order of merit.
UPPSC Prelims GS Paper 1 Syllabus
- Current events of national and international importance.
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- Indian and World geography - Physical, Social, Economic geography of India and the World.
- Indian Polity and Governance - Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights issues etc.
- Economic and Social Development - Sustainable Development Poverty Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.General Issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity, and Climate Change- that do not require subject specialization.
- General Issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity, and Climate Change- that do not require subject specialization. General Science
- General Science
UPPSC Prelims GS Paper 2 Syllabus
- Comprehension Interpersonal skills including communication skills.
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability.
- Decision-making and problem-solving.
- General mental ability.
- Elementary Mathematics up to Class X level- Arithmetic, Algebra, Geometry, and Statistics.
- General English up to Class X level.
- General Hindi up to Class X level.