AP EAMCET Engineering Previous Year Question Papers with Answer Keys
Engineering Agricultural and Medical Common Entrance Test, commonly called as EAMCET, is an entrance examination required for admission to some engineering and medical colleges (other than M.B.B.S and BDs courses) in the states of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana, India. Many other colleges offering graduation courses like BDS, B.Pharm., BSc., Pharm.D., B.E, B. Tech, etc. require qualification in this exam.
The EAMCET is a yearly examination taken by a large number of engineering and medical aspirants in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana State. Presently the Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Kakinada conducts AP EAMCET examination on behalf of APSCHE (Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education) and Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad conducts TS EAMCET examination on behalf of TSCHE (Telangana State Council of Higher Education). This is the entrance exam for engineering ('E' category) and medicine ('AM' category: Agriculture and Medicine). The results are declared over 13 or 14 days every year making the counseling and admission process smooth.This exam is based on "Multiple choice Questions" type.
The courses offered through this exam are:
- Engineering, Bio-technology, B.Tech. (Diary Technology), B.Tech. (Agr. Engg.), B.Tech. (Food Science and Technology)
- B.Sc. (Ag)/B.Sc. (Hort)/B.V.Sc. & A.H./B.F.Sc.
- Pharmacy, Pharma. D.
AP EAMCET Engineering Exam Pattern
Mode of Examination
Computer Based Test, a personal desktop will be allocated to the aspirant and the questions need to answer one by one
Medium of Language
English and Telugu
Type of Questions
Objective (Multiple Choice Questions)
Total Number of Questions
For every correct answer, one mark will be allotted.
There is no negative marking for an incorrect response.
Eligibility standards for engineering exam are different from agriculture exam.
The eligibility for the exam is as follows:
Candidates must satisfy the following academic requirement to be eligible for the Common Entrance Test:
- Applicants must have passed or appeared for the final year of Intermediate Examination (10+2) with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry as optional.
- Candidates qualifying in vocational courses in the fields of Engineering and Technology, conducted by the Board of Intermediate Education and Technology are also eligible to apply for the exam.
- The vocational courses must be conducted by the Board of Intermediate Education, Andhra Pradesh/Telangana. Along with bridge course or courses conducted by it for candidates enrolled during the academic year 2001 onwards, or any other examination recognized as equivalent thereto by the Board of intermediate Education, Andhra Pradesh/Telangana.
- Candidates who have qualified the final year of the Diploma examination in Engineering are also eligible to apply for the common entrance test.
- The diploma examination must be conducted by the State Board of Technical Education and Training, Andhra Pradesh/Telangana.
- Candidates qualifying in any other examination recognized as equivalent to the diploma examination by the State Board of Technical Education and Training, Andhra Pradesh/Telangana are eligible.
- Candidates must obtain a minimum aggregate of 45% marks in the subjects mentioned above taken together in the qualifying examination.
- Applicants belonging to Scheduled Tribe and Scheduled Caste must secure at least 40% in the subjects specified taken together in the qualifying examination.
2019 Question Papers
AP EAMCET Syllabus for Engineering
- Mathematical Induction
- Complex Numbers
- De Moivre's Theorem
- Quadratic Expressions
- Theory of Equations
- Permutations and Combinations
- Binomial Theorem
- Trigonometric Ratios upto Transformations
- Trigonometric Equations
- Inverse Trigonometric Functions
- Hyperbolic Functions
- Properties of Triangles
- Addition of Vectors
- Product of Vectors
- Vector product in i,j, k System
- Measures of Dispersion
- Random Variables and Probability Distributions
- Transformation of Axes
- the Straight Line
- Pair of Straight lines
- System of circles
- Three Dimensional Coordinates
- Direction of Cosines and Direction Ratios
- Limits and Continuity
- Applications of Derivatives
- Definite Integrals
- Differential Equations
- Physical World
- Units and Measurements
- Motion in a straight line
- Motion in a Plane
- Laws of Motion
- Work, Energy and Power
- System of Particles and Rotational Motion
- Mechanical Properties of Solids
- Mechanical Properties of Fluids
- Thermal Properties of Matter
- Kinetic Theory
- Ray Optics and Optical Instruments
- Waves Optics
- Electric Charges and Fields
- Electrostatic Potential and Capacitance
- Current Electricity
- Moving Charges and Magnetism
- Magnetism and Matter
- Electromagnetic Induction
- Alternating Current
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Dual Nature of Radiation and Matter
- Semiconductor Electronics
- Communication Systems
- Mole concept
- Atomic structure and chemical bonding
- Measurements in chemistry
- Gaseous and liquid states
- Surface chemistry
- Solid state
- Chemical kinetics
- s- Block Elements (Alkali and alkaline earth elements)
- Classification of elements and periodicity in properties
- p- Block Elements: Group 14, 15 and 17, d-Block elements, Group 13, Group 18 and Group 17
- Metals and metallurgy
- f- Block elements
- Coordination compounds
- Basic concepts
- Aromatic compounds
- Haloalkanes (Alkyl halides)
- Aldehydes and Ketones
- Carboxylic acids
- Amino acids and proteins