BITSAT Previous Year Question Papers With Answer Keys and Solutions
Birla Institute of Technology & Science, Pilani (shortened BITS Pilani or BITS) is a private institute of higher education and a deemed university under Section 3 of the UGC Act 1956. The institute is one among the 6 Indian 'Institutes of Eminence' recognized by the Government of India in 2018. It is established across 4 campuses and has 15 academic departments. It focuses primarily on higher education in engineering and sciences and on its management programme.
For more details about BITSAT admission 2019 please check here
- Part I : Physics
- Part II : Chemistry
- Part III : (a) English Proficiency and (b) Logical Reasoning
- Part IV : Mathematics or Biology (For B. Pharm candidates)
All questions are of objective type (multiple choice questions); each question with choice of four answers, only one being correct choice.
Each correct answer fetches 3 marks, while each incorrect answer has a penalty of 1 mark (-1 mark). No marks are awarded for questions not attempted.
While the candidate can skip a question, the computer will not allow the candidate to choose more than one option as correct answer. There will be 150 questions in all.
The number of questions in each part is as follows:
|Subject||No of Questions|
|Part IV||Mathematics/Biology ( For B.Pharm)||45|
There is no time limit for individual parts of the test. The candidate can go back and change
any of his/her answers among the 150 questions.
If a candidate answers all the 150 questions (without skipping any question), the candidate will have an option of attempting 12 (twelve) extra questions, if there is still time left. These extra questions will be from Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/Biology only; four questions from each part. Further, once the candidate has opted for extra questions, he/she cannot go back for correction of any of the earlier answered 150 questions.
- For admission except B. Pharm: Candidates should have passed the 12th examination of 10+2 system from a recognized Central or State board or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics and adequate proficiency in English.
- For admission to B. Pharm: Candidates should have passed the 12th examination of 10+2 system from a recognized Central or State board or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology and adequate proficiency in English. However, candidates with PCM may also apply for Pharmacy program
The candidate should have obtained a minimum of aggregate 75% marks in Physics,
Chemistry and Mathematics subjects (if he/she has taken Mathematics in BITSAT) or a minimum of aggregate 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects (if he/she has taken Biology in BITSAT) in 12th examination, with at least 60% marks in each of the Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/ Biology subjects.
Candidates who will be appearing for the entrance test must go through the BITSAT eligibility criteria as prescribed by the authorities. The eligibility criteria of BITSAT carries the parameters like age limit, qualifying examination, nationality etc. on the basis of which candidates will be eligible to write the entrance test.
- Qualifying Examination- Candidates must have cleared class 12 board exam from a recognized Central or State board or its equivalent.
- Qualifying Subjects Along with the Examination- Candidates appearing for BITSAT must pass class 12 exam or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics and adequate proficiency in English.
- Qualifying Marks- The candidate must score a minimum of 75% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects. In case the candidate has opted for Biology in BITSAT, he/she should have scored a minimum of aggregate 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects. Also, candidates need to make sure that they have score at least 60% marks in each of the Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/ Biology subjects.
- Age Criteria- Candidates who will be appearing for class 12 exam in same year or who have cleared the examination in previous year are only eligible.
Note: Candidates who will obtain Rank 1 in state or central boards in India will be offered seats of their choice, irrespective of their rank secured in BITSAT. However, these candidates must make sure that they meet all the above-mentioned BITSAT eligibility criteria.
- Units and Measurements
- Newton's Law of Motion
- Impulse and Momentum
- Work and Energy
- Rational Motion
- Mechanics of Solids and Fluids
- Heat and Thermodynamics
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic Effect of Current
- Electromagnetic Induction
- Modern Physics
- Electronic Devices
- States of Matter
- Atomic Structure
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- Physical and Chemical Equilibria
- Chemical Kinetics
- Surface Chemistry
- Hydrogen and s- block elements p- d- and f- block elements
- Principles of Organic Chemistry and Hydrocarbons
- Organic Compounds with functional with Oxygen and Nitrogen
- Biological, Industrial and Environmental Chemistry
- Theoretical Principles of Experimental Chemistry
- Two- Dimensional Coordinate Geometry
- Three Dimensional Coordinate Geometry
- Differential Calculus
- Integral Calculus
- Ordinary Differential Equations
- Linear Programming
- Mathematical Modelling
- Diversity in Living World
- Cell: The unit of Life: Structure and Function
- Genetics and Evolution
- Structure and Function – Plants
- Structure and Function -Animals
- Reproduction, growth and momenst in Plants
- Reproduction and Development in Humans
- Ecology and Environment
- Biology and Human Welfare
- Biotechnology and its Applications