GATE Electronics & Communications Previous Year Question Papers

Explore comprehensive resources for the GATE Electronics & Communications exam on This page offers a detailed collection of previous year’s question papers designed specifically for aspiring electronics and communications engineers. Utilizing these archived papers can greatly enhance your preparation efficiency, helping you understand the pattern and rigor of the exams.

Each set of previous papers is available for free and does not require any registration or login, making it conveniently accessible for all users. These resources not only include the actual exam questions but also come equipped with PDF and video solutions, aiding in a deeper understanding of complex topics.

  • Comprehensive preparation resource
  • No registration required
  • Free PDF and video solutions

About Exam

Explore a comprehensive repository of GATE Electronics & Communications previous papers at A one-stop destination for aspiring professionals, our platform provides extensive resources tailored to help candidates excel in the GATE Electronics & Communications exams. With access to a vast collection of past papers, candidates can reinforce their understanding and improve exam strategies, without the need for registration or login.

Our free online exam practice tests are supplemented with PDF and video solutions, enhancing study tactics and knowledge retention. Dive into the specific year's exam papers and leverage these resources to benchmark your preparations effectively. Whether you are just starting out or are in the midst of revision, these practice papers serve as an invaluable tool for achieving your best score in the GATE Electronics & Communications exams.

Exam Pattern

The GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) for Electronics and Communications is a comprehensive entrance examination designed to assess the understanding and knowledge of candidates in various core subjects. The exam pattern includes a blend of multiple-choice questions (MCQs) and numerical answer type (NAT) questions. The total marks for the examination are 100, spread across different sections, focusing primarily on Electronics and Communications Engineering.

The subject-specific section holds a significant weightage, accounting for about 70% of the total marks. The remaining 30% is divided between General Aptitude, which tests verbal and numerical ability, and Engineering Mathematics, serving as a critical component in evaluating analytical and logical reasoning skills. Each correct answer in MCQs adds to the score, while wrong answers might attract negative marking, specifically designed to test precision and accuracy.

Key Highlights:
  • Duration of the Exam: 3 hours.
  • Question Types: Multiple Choice and Numerical Answer Type.
  • Total Marks: 100.
  • Major Sections: Electronics and Communications Engineering, General Aptitude, and Engineering Mathematics.
  • Negative Marking: Applicable in MCQs.