National Council for Hotel Management & Catering Technology
NCHMCT All India Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) is of three hours duration. Candidates need to report at their respective examination centre at least 60 minutes before the commencement of the examination.The test paper is bilingual, that is, all questions are available in both English and Hindi language, the only exception being the English Language section.
No. of Questions
Numerical Ability and Analytical Aptitude
Reasoning and Logical Deduction
General Knowledge & Current Affairs
Aptitude for Service Sector
|Marks for each correct Answer
|Marks for each wrong Answer
|Marks for unanswered
NCHMCT JEE Eligibility: Qualifying Examinations for Indian Students
- Plus two level examination in the 10+2 pattern of Senior Secondary education of any recognised Central/State Board, such as Central Board of Secondary Education and Council for Indian School Certificate Examination or State Boards of Secondary Education.
- Intermediate or two-year Pre-University Examination conducted by a recognised institution.
- General Certificate Education (GCE) Examination (London/Cambridge/Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University.
- Any Public School/Board/University Examination in India or in a foreign country recognised by the Association of Indian Universities as equivalent to 10+2 pattern of Senior Secondary education.
- HSC Vocational Examination approved by NCVT and SCVT of concerned state.
- Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Open School with a minimum of five subjects including English as one of the Subjects, result of which should be available upto September 30
Apart from this, "All qualified candidates will have to submit a physical fitness certificate of carrying out practical classes as required in the Course at the time of admission from a Registered Medical Practitioner", informs the official NCHMCT JEE
NCHMCT JEE Eligibility: Age Limit
General and OBC Categories
The upper age limit for candidates from this category is 25 years
The upper age limit for candidates is 28 years
The upper age limit for Physically Challenged candidates shall be reckoned as per the category he/she belongs to, that is, General/SC/ST/OBC.
The Date of Birth (DoB) as recorded in the Secondary Education Board/Pre-University Certificate of candidates shall be accepted. This certificate needs to be presented by candidates in original at the time of counselling, failing which the candidate will not be considered for counselling/admission.
NCHMCT JEE Eligibility: Reservation of Seats
Candidates falling under the below mentioned categories are offered reservation for admissions on the basis of NCHMCT JEE rank:
Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe
In NCHMCT JEE, 15% and 7.5% seats are reserved for SC and ST category candidates respectively. This reservation is offered to candidates in Central and State Government Institutes of Hotel Management. Vacant seats in these categories shall not be filled by candidates belonging to any other category.
Around 27% seats are reserved for OBC (Non creamy layer) category candidates in Central Institutes of Hotel Management. Here, one needs to note that OBC candidates belonging to the creamy layer are not entitled for any reservation. Seats remaining vacant in this category shall be filled by General Category candidates, as per Hon’ble Supreme Court ruling.
Document required to claim reservation
Candidates, who want to apply for admissions under any of the reservation categories in NCHMCT JEE 2019, need to furnish their caste certificate issued by a competent authority.
SC, ST & OBC category issued by District Magistrate/Additional District Magistrate/Collector/Deputy Commissioner/Additional Deputy Commissioner/Deputy Collector/1st Class Stipendiary Magistrate/City Magistrate/Sub-Divisional Magistrate/Additional Chief Presidency Magistrate/ Presidency Magistrate/Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tehsildar/Sub-Divisional Officer of the area / Administrator/Secretary to Administrator/Development Officer (Lakshadweep Island) where the candidate and/or his/her family normally resides.
Certificate issued by any other authority will not be accepted. Candidates are required to produce the original Caste Certificate along with attested copy at the time of Counselling as well as at the time of admission at the Institute.
Physically Disabled (PD)
Around 5% seats (in every category) are reserved for Physically Disabled candidates in all Central & State Government Institutes of Hotel Management. The official website states: “For any category of disability (viz. locomotors, visual, dyslexia, speech, and /or hearing) benefit would be given to those who have at least 40% physical impairment”.
Reservation for Kashmiri Migrant (Subject to notification from Ministry of HRD for academic session 2016-2019)
One seat (Supernumerary) in each Central and State Government affiliated IHM is reserved for Registered Kashmiri Migrants. Such applicants were said to be eligible to qualify for NCHMCT JEE
NCHMCT JEE Syllabus for Numerical Ability and Analytical Aptitude
- Elementary Mathematics
- Arthimetic (number Theory)
- Number Systems
- Square Roots
- Cube Roots
- Fractions and Decimals
- HCF and LCM
- Chain Rule
- Ratio and Proportion
- Simple Interest
- Compound Interest
- Percentage calculation
- Profit and Loss
- Calculate areas and volumes
- Unitary Method Questions
- Age Questions
- Clocks & Calendar related questions
- Speed (of cars, trains etc) related questions
- Time and Distance related questions
- Work and Wage related questions
NCHMCT JEE 2019 Syllabus for Reasoning and Logical Deductions
- Analytical Reasoning
- Direction and Distance related questions
- Linear Arrangement
- Complex Arrangement
- Coding and Decoding
- Blood relations related questions
- Symbols and notations
- Alphabet Test
- Data interpretation
- Statements assumptions
- Statements arguments
- Statements conclusions
- Statements action
- Problems based on Symmetry
- Problems based on Visual Ability
NCHMCT JEE 2019 Syllabus for English
- Spelling mistakes
- English proficiency
- Idioms and phrases
- One word substitution
- Sentence formation
- Sentence completion
- Sentence improvement
- Sentence Reconstruction
- Rearrangement of words in sentence
- Rearrangement of sentence in paragraph
- Paragraph formation
- Paragraph completion
- Fill in the blanks
NCHMCT JEE Syllabus for General Knowledge
General awareness on different and popular:
- Books and authors
- Famous personalities
- Inventions and discoveries
- World organisations
- Statistical data of the World
- Prizes and awards
- Fashion Events
- Solar System
- Natural calamities
NCHMCT JEE Syllabus for Current Events
Awareness on recent happenings that occurred Nationally as well as Internationally. Knowledge about Persons, Places, awards, Authors, Economy, Science and Technology, Sports etc.