BPSC CCE Previous Year Question Papers with Answer Keys And Solutions
The Bihar Public Service Commission (BPSC) is a body created by the Constitution of India to select applicants for civil service jobs in the Indian state of Bihar according to the merits of the applicants. Bihar Public Service Commission conducts various examination for the recruitment of the most deserving, eligible and qualified candidates for State Services and all the other administrative services of the Government of Bihar.
- BPSC Prelims Exam
- BPSC Main Exam
BPSC Exam Pattern for Prelims
The preliminary examination consists of one objective type paper (multiple choice questions). This Examination is meant to serve as a screening test only. On the basis of marks obtained in this examination, candidates will be declared qualified for Main Examination. The final merit list will be prepared only on the basis of marks obtained in Main Examination and Interview.
- Question papers will be of objective type (multiple choice questions). Each question will have four probable answers grouped under A, B, C and D of which only one will be the correct answer. The candidate is required to record correct answers in the answer booklet provided.
- The question paper consists of 150 questions of 1 marks each. The total marks for the paper will be 150 and time duration for the paper will be 2 hours.
- There will be no negative marking.
- Each question paper will be in Hindi and English.
BPSC Exam Pattern for Mains
Main Examination will be a written examination. The Written examination will consist of four papers of conventional essay type questions.
- Each paper will be of three hours duration.
- The question papers for the examination will be of conventional essay type.
- Total marks assigned to Written Examination is 900.
- The applicants will have to obtain at least 30% marks in Hindi paper which will be qualifying in nature.
|Question Paper||Subjects||Duration of Exam||Marks|
|Paper I||General Studies Paper 1||3hrs||300|
|Paper II||General Studies Paper 1||3hrs||300|
|Paper III||Optional paper||3hrs||300|
BPSC Exam Interview
The candidates who qualify the BPSC Main Exam are called for the final stage of the exam i.e. Interview. The interview carries 120 marks. The final merit list will be prepared out of 1020 marks (900 for Mains + 120 for Interview). Interview judges the personality aspect of the candidates. The members of the Interview Board want to know the administrative aptitude and decision making ability of the candidates through interview. After the interviews, comes the final BPSC result.
The applicants must choose their optional subjects wisely. The optional papers may comprise of following subjects
|Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science||Mathematics|
|Commerce & Accountancy||Political Science & International Relations|
|Electrical Engineering||Public Administration|
BPSC Exam Eligibility Criteria
- To apply for BPSC 65th Combined Competitive (Preliminary) Examination you need to have Graduation or equivalent degree from a government recognized university.
- Minimum age (as on 1 August 2019) - 20, 21,22 Years
- General Male - 37 Years
- Gen Female/ OBC/ OBC (Male/Female) - 40 years
- SC / SC(Male/Female) - 42 years
BPSC Syllabus for Prelims Exam
The preliminary examination of BPSC comprises of objective type questions. The applicants will be given multiple choices for each question. There will be a total of 150 questions, each carrying 1 mark i.e. total marks assigned for the preliminary examination is 150. The duration of the examination will be two hours i.e. 120 minutes. This Examination is meant to serve as a screening test only and the marks obtained in the Preliminary Examination by the Candidates, who are declared qualified for admission to the Main Examination, will not be counted for determining their final order of merit
|2.||Current events of national and international importance|
|3.||History of India & Bihar|
|4.||Polity and economy of India|
|5.||Economy of Bihar After Independence|
|6.||Indian National Movement and Bihar Contribution in INM|
|7.||Geography of India & Bihar|
|8.||General Mental Ability|
BPSC Syllabus for Mains Exam
For the Written Examination, there are four papers in BPSC Main Examination. The Papers include Hindi, General Studies Paper 1, General Studies Paper 2 & one Optional Paper. Total marks assigned to Written Examination is 900. The applicants will have to obtain at least 30 % marks in Hindi paper which will be qualifying in nature. The marks obtained in the Mains Examination by the Candidates will determine the merit list for the Interview stage
|General Studies Paper I|
|1. Modern History of India & India Culture|
|2. Current Events of national and international importance|
|3. Statistical analysis, graph and diagrams|
|General Studies Paper II|
|1. Indian Polity|
|2. Indian Economy and Geography of India|
|3. The role and impact of science & technology in the development of India.|